I’m turning the big 3-0 on the 11th of this month. Turning 30 is kind of a big deal! At first, I was nervous and kind of dreading it, but then I realized how much I’ve grown and progressed in the last 3 decades and I can say I’ve never been happier and felt more fulfilled in my life. The last couple of weeks I’ve been really thinking back on the last 30 years, and in honor of my big day I decided to share 30 things that I’ve learned in the last 30 years:
1. It really does take a village to raise a family.
2. You can’t control everything in your life, but you can control how you react to it.
3. Sometimes taking the first step is the hardest.
4. Just because society says something is “normal” doesn’t always make it right.
5. Your spouse will enjoy the small things you do for them every day than doing something big every once in a while.
6. Once you put your full trust in God you have nothing to fear.
7. Women are incredible!
8. You’re never too old or too young to do something new/different.
9. Invest in yourself – health, personal development, learn a new skill.
Don’t Try not to compare yourself to others. We’re all on our own journey.
11. When you have a positive attitude you see more positivity in the world around you.
12. It’s ok to ask for grace from God on a daily basis.
13. You don’t always need to know the answers to everything.
14. Ask for help.
15. Humans are resilient.
16. The world needs more doers.
17. Always forgive.
18. You can’t keep score in your marriage.
19. Always give people the benefit of the doubt.
20. Just because someone comes to you to talk doesn’t always mean they’re looking for advice.
21. Instead of judging someone for their wrong doings pray for them instead.
22. When you begin to believe in yourself others will start believing in you too.
23. The Office will be one of the best shows ever created!
24. Children can teach us valuable lessons.
25. Do whatever scares you. Step into the fear.
26. There is no such thing as an “overnight success.”
27. People always show their true colors, all you have to do is pay attention.
28. 1. God 2. Marriage 3. Kids
29. Remember your past, but don’t let it control your future.
30. Laughing really is the best medicine.
What would really make my birthday special is if you can share one thing you’ve learned so far. Share your answer in the comments below!